Sent money to wrong bank account

vincentpeid
New Community Member

About 3 days ago, I was sending money to my bank account from my paypal account. Little did I realize, I had mistyped the account number, a "7" instead of a "1". Is there anyway I can retrieve my money back??

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Depends, if that account number does not exist then the funds will bounce back to your paypal account but you will get a small fee for the failure.

If that account number does exist then you may have just given a stranger a present of some money. 

Ring customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vincentpeid
New Community Member

If it's an existing account, there no way I would be able to have that money bounced back to me?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You may be lucky and its refused if the name is wrong but no guarantees.

May be a good idea to contact customer services and see what they say. >>

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jadee9289
New Community Member

I did the same thing the other day, I called paypal who informed me unless it bounced there was nothing they could do. Good luck. patiently waiting to see if mine bounces back. they couldnt tell me how many days it would take.

Login to Me Too

Cynthializ
New Community Member

how long did it take to bounce back? i just did the same thing.

Login to Me Too

SarahVIDAD03
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally type my atm number rather my account number can I still get my transferrred money back in my paypal account and transfer it with correct account number? please help me with this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.