Sending Money via Email

CLAIRE00ZZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I've just sent some money to someone via email.  They don't have a paypal account (i know i should have checked first!) so how can I get the money back without having to ask them to do anything?  They're a customer so i dont' want to ask them as I'm having problems with them anyway and this won't help!

Thanks

Claire

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CLAIRE00ZZ

If they don't have a paypal account then it should be marked as pending / unclaimed in your paypal account, also there may be a cancel option??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CLAIRE00ZZ
Contributor
Contributor
Weird as it says completed
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CLAIRE00ZZ

Then it must have gone to a paypal account linked to the email address that the buyer provided.

How did you send the money? Goods / services or family / friends.

Looks as if she has been paid but if you need to get that money back you may need to file a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CLAIRE00ZZ
Contributor
Contributor

I used the friends/family option to send the money.  The lady that I sent it to said she had a paypal account years ago but she had loads of problems with it so hasn't used it for years and there isn't a bank account attached to it so I know there is no way she will link her bank to it again.  I've tried to raise a dispute online but it won't allow me to do it. Tried to call PayPal but just get an annoying recorded message to all my answers! It's not for a large amount of money but that's not the point.  Surely PayPal shouldn't allow money to be moved if there isn't a bank account attached to the email address?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CLAIRE00ZZ

A lot of people don't have bank accounts linked to their paypal accounts, they just receive funds in their balance and use those funds to buy things so why would paypal block them from receiving payments??

If someone has an email address linked to their paypal account and that paypal account has not been closed then any funds you send them will go through to that paypal account.

There is no reason why that lady can't recover her paypal account if she contacts customer services.

Then if she does not have a bank account linked to that paypal account she can still refund the payment back to you again.

However as you paid via friends / family then you can't open a dispute as you sent that person a ''gift''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.