Scammed? Greggs PLC took £30 from me

KIB_1608
Hi Today at 16:28 I was charged £30 by Greggs PLC and I have no idea why. Never in my life have I ever been to Greggs. I've seen the payment was made at 16:28 but didn't wake up until 16:35 (I woke up because the PayPal app notified me like 4 times saying I have sent £30 to Greggs as a standing order) WTF IS GOING ON AND WHAT DO I DO?!?!!! Someone please help £30 for me is a lot of money as I am a student and I don't even have £30 in my bank atm which is worrying me as I don't want it to be taken out of my overdraft
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KIB_1608

Check here first  >>

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > and under "manage upcoming payments" top left of page second option down is pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KIB_1608
It says it's inactive now Around 20 mins ago it said it was "active" So has it been cancelled?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KIB_1608

Sounds like it but its odd its in there in the first place if you did not take out a subscription with them.

Does it show in your transaction history?? If so then firstly i would contact the company ie the email address the payment was sent to and ask for a refund.

Does it say the payment is pending or completed?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KIB_1608
Nope I've never been to Greggs or made a subscription with them It's weird how the standing order was for £30 as even that seems too much if it was a subscription based service I've clicked the payment and have opened up a dispute with Greggs PLC with the reasoning "unathorised claim"
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KIB_1608

Oh dear, i did tell you to email the company first and ask them to refund you.

An unauthorised dispute normally means your paypal account has been hacked and used without your consent, as it was a subscription paypal may deny it !!!

Oh well you have done it now so good luck hope it works out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Butlerjw
New Community Member
Hi did you get this resolved and did you find out how this even happened? I am in the same situation right now - 3 payments amounting to £50 were taken from my account at around 1am by Greggs. Like you I have never been to a Greggs, nor would I have ever set up a payment agreement with them. PayPal have been useless in resolving this so far.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.