SOUTH AFRICA RAND (ZAR)

bbridgens

Hi there,

I'm wanting to send some money to someone in South Africa but have noticed that you don't have the rand (ZAR) as part of your currency list.

Is there anyway to send money to South Africa and have it be converted to Rands without paying any additional fees?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

SouthAfrican
New Community Member

Hi,

We too have been longing for paypal to be implemented in SA.

Paypal iam sorry to say, i am also going to close my account until you have added us. Will be using other services and promoting them.

thank you kindly.

Login to Me Too

Shaun19
Contributor
Contributor
Hey there I'm also an South-African user that wants ZAR currency but i have been hearing that paypal has been restricted to employ ZAR into this system why is that?
Login to Me Too

Goblixie
New Community Member

Surprising since as a South African invented PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Shaun19
Contributor
Contributor

Lmao you can't be serious this is fcked up if it is true then it looks like SA would always have the **bleep** deals

Login to Me Too

emelen

CANT BELIEVE paypal wont accept its CREATOR'S home country's currency... is this really the middle finger Elon would be pointing at us? or is this just some **bleep** bag board member being spiteful? there is so much business in the southern tip of Africa, what on earth is wrong with you guys?!?! Get your **bleep** off the beach and do some paper work so you can inevitably earn more money !!!

Whose keen on starting an antiPayPal money market?
Accepting all currencies...

Login to Me Too

WeirdChan
New Community Member

So I started reading this topic from the first post that was 2 years ago and we still DONT have an option for ZAR currency in PayPal. I mean how long can this really go on for?

Login to Me Too

ZwaneS
New Community Member

Really Paypal, Since 2014 people have been asking you to provide the Zar currency, but all you have done is give us excuses. Are you waiting for us to move to another company which will provide our currency for you to take us serious?

Login to Me Too

BBZ

Hi 

I get payments in USD, from clients, and I'm based in SA.

What fees should I account for when billing my clients? 

Login to Me Too

Shaun19
Contributor
Contributor

Hey BBZ i think its only the conversion fee of the USD to ZAR bank account ,check the 2nd post on this forum,thread

Login to Me Too

Adventurebug
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

May I ask how you linked a bank account? I am trying to transfer money but it is only giving me options for American banks.

Regards,

Carrie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.