SOUTH AFRICA RAND (ZAR)

bbridgens

Hi there,

I'm wanting to send some money to someone in South Africa but have noticed that you don't have the rand (ZAR) as part of your currency list.

Is there anyway to send money to South Africa and have it be converted to Rands without paying any additional fees?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

Verno

Hi

As PayPal can see that we South Africans wants to make use of this service. But they just don't care about this situation at all. I have aend PayPal a few email regarding this matter. But all they can say is the following:

WE WILL SEND THIS FEEDBACK TO OUR DEPARTMENTS AND COME BACK TO YOU. IT HAVE BEEN 5 YEARS NOW THAT I AM STILL WAITING ON THIS FEEDBACK. 

PayPal is suppose to be the fastest growing Payment gateway global. BUT still NO South African RAND "ZAR"

Does PayPal even know how we as South Africans feel about this. They totally don't, because all they can say is: We will apply at the  R.Bank.... can come back to you. I can't make use of PayPal anymore because of this. I have went to 2CHECKOUT, which I am NOT FREAKING SATISFY WITH. but what else can I do. Because our trusted PAYPAL "which i can trust anymore, because of all there lies" doesn't want to work on this matter. All we ask is that PayPal should lift up with their standards and start listening to there customers.

Then we will be more happy. And please STOP SAYING that you guys will give feedback back to the departments or to the customers, without any POSITIVE FEEDBACK.

Kind Regards 

Unsatisfy Customer

Login to Me Too

ZAR
New Community Member

Dear Paypal

I would like to ad my voice to the demand of online merchants in South Africa trading in ZAR (South African Rand) that requires PayPal to accept our currency.  Seems we are a forgotten market but I can assure you we are not living in huts and running from wild animals daily.  Please give us an honest answer to when this service will benefit us and if there is to much red tape to action this, then please be so kind and tell us so that we can find other means of accepting payments.

Thanks Ian

Login to Me Too

IICandM
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your input, but I'm wondering why business in South Africa is forced to swallow the exchange rate differences?  We employ people in South Africa and they have to gamble with the exchange rates between ZAR, GBP, USD.  When will this change for business in South Africa, so that they can be paid in ZAR and not take this risk?

Login to Me Too

jmlouw
New Community Member

Good day.

I really want to know how much my order will be, but it must be in ZAR (Rand)

Login to Me Too

WoodenRings
New Community Member

Petition to get PayPal in ZAR ( South African Rand )

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/paypalza

Login to Me Too

FreddyBorake
Contributor
Contributor

Sir! We are really struggling as Web Developers to enable our clients websites in receiving payments through Paypal in South Africa. I am also having a very BIG problem because two of my websites currency is ZAR. But I am unable to make use of Paypal because my currency is a South African Rand. What will happen if you add our currency so that we also enjoy using your paygate? Or do you HATE our coutry that much? PLEASE! I am bagging you guys to HELP us out. Why should we use USD currency? Is it because our currency is so worthless?

Login to Me Too

traveljunkie
New Community Member

It's time to #AddTheRand !!!!

Come on PayPay! I have a Wordpress website and most premium plugins either use PayPal, Stripe or Authorize.net as payment gateways. All of which don't offer South African currency.

This is ridiculous! It's been 5 years since I have a PayPal account and I barely use it as it is no use to me!

Get your act together and listen to people on this forum! Online retailers in South Africa need to be able to charge and accept payments in ZAR.

#AddTheRand

Login to Me Too

ThemesAndroid
New Community Member

Dear PayPal,

I have been using PayPal like the others on this forum for years now and had to find alternative methods of receiving my income from my website just like the rest of the people here are experincing this same issue. But I dont ussually comment on forums rather use them to look for alternatives or answers, and i can say that after reading the comments on this board, i have seen no answer to the relevant question "When will the RAND be added to the currency list" the problem isnt i believe to be the fact that w have to have a FNB account to access our funds but the big issue for me is that i must wait 5 to 8 working days for my funds to become available, before there was a option to withdraw monies to South Africa I had to run allot of loop holes to get my cash this includes buying other currencies then bassically trading my USD to the point that i loose more than R100ZAR on one transcation because of the need to have quick access to my cash. This also opens the door to fraudsters to steal my money, because now i must deal in trading money and i have no idea what im doing. Could you please look into this as this is becoming a problem for me and will eventually force me to look for alternatives like "okaypay" which supports ZAR, please guys get with the program, we are all here because we love PAYPAL but the love doesnt feel to be returned.

Login to Me Too

atc1
New Community Member

Well thank you for nothing... I will be closing my account with Paypal until the day they add ZAR to the payment currency list. 

Login to Me Too

filmgearcoza
New Community Member

I would just like to respectfully add my support for the need for accepting the South African Rand.  My store is based in South Africa and there is a huge market available with the USD that I simply cannot tap into because I cannot accept the ZAR with customers paying in USD.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.