SOUTH AFRICA RAND (ZAR)

bbridgens

Hi there,

I'm wanting to send some money to someone in South Africa but have noticed that you don't have the rand (ZAR) as part of your currency list.

Is there anyway to send money to South Africa and have it be converted to Rands without paying any additional fees?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

Angelbee
New Community Member

Hi all,

I'm looking into doing a personal transfer, sending funds from the UK to a family member in South Africa - would someone be able to advise what the fees look like for this?

I understand that there would be an initial cross border fee (0.5% I believe), but then that the transfer needs to be made in US dollars and a further currency conversion withdrawal fee charged on that side, as the Rand isn't supported. Could anyone tell me what that might be, percentage-wise, or if it's a flat fee?

Apologies for my ignorance and many thanks!

Apologies for my ignorance and many thanks!

Login to Me Too

Tassie94
New Community Member
Im struggling to change my currency from usd dollars toe South African rand. For some reason our country's currency does not appear as an option? Please help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.