Receiving my money

Mahaliakane
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, I'm rather new to PayPal and don't quite understand the terms and conditions ect... I recently sold an item on Depop and I sent the item through the Royal Mail. The buyer received the item and left a lovely review. I keep checking my account and I have realised I haven't received the money yet I kept wondering why so when I looked into it I think it's due to the face of me not using the 'postage label'. I'm scared I won't receive my money because I didn't use this! Can anybody please help give me some advice/ understanding on what to do next? Thank you
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mahaliakane

I have never used paypal postage, its not compulsory.

But I am confused, why would you send an item if the funds were not showing in your paypal account balance??

Does the transaction show in your transaction history on your paypal summary page?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mahaliakane
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thank you for your help. The money is showing up as it has been received in my PayPal as +38.00 but it isn't in my balance nor am I able to withdraw it. I assumed it would of automatically of been added into my personal bank account but on looking it hasn't. I'm confused as to how I will receive this money? Many Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mahaliakane

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payment should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payment rather than your normal funding source.

************************************

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.