Receiving money from Friends and Family

Kegza10
Contributor
Contributor
If I was to receive money from a friend or family member, would it go straight to my available balance, or would it still go to my pending balance. As when I receive money from a buyer paying for a good or service it goes to my pending balance, however if I was to receive it from a friend or family member, would it go to my available balance rather than pending...? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming both your account and the sender's account is "verified" and there's no other issues, the funds would go directly to your PayPal Account Balance.  You would be able to use the money straight away.

Login to Me Too

Kegza10
Contributor
Contributor
I need to be verified? I'm not verified yet as I need to log into my bank account. However if I'm unverified but the family member is verified, would they money go straight to my available balance?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It "should do" as long as your family member sent the payment using the personal / gift option and not the send money > goods etc option.

Also if they don't fund it with a card it is free to send.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gailmaries
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've been trying to either send money or receive money from Friends and Family for the last 4 days. I spoke with someone in Dublin this morning, and he was of no help, either. I transferred the money from my UK bank account into my UK Paypal account, so the money is actually in my UK Paypal account.

Why is Paypal not following through with my transaction? To explain further, here is the email I have just sent to Paypal, asking why I cannot receive my money, nor send it to a friend or family member. I understand there are issues with money laundering out there, but this is the way I often accessed my own US accounts whilst I was living in the UK until this past September. This GBP200 is the last of the money I had in the UK, and I'm just trying to get it to myself without paying a good part of it in bank fees by doing an international bank transfer.

Yes, sadly, I am getting quite frustrated. Thanks for any advice you can offer!

"I have been trying to get my balance of GBP200 out of my UK Paypal account, now that I have moved from England back to the USA. I am not succeeding in doing so, either to my own US Paypal account, my US email address, or to a friend's email address.

I spoke to someone in Dublin earlier this morning, using the Paypal code I was given, and he was very vague about when I can have access to my money. I do not wish to transfer this money back to my (verified) bank account and then have to spend a large percentage of it to have it sent to me in the USA!

Please respond right away, because I am getting tired of waiting for you to decide I deserve to have my own GBP200."

Login to Me Too

negavoid
Contributor
Contributor

Its been 5 day's seince i've been trying to receive money from a friend and it as yet to come. Is there somthing wrong with paypal right now?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly this is a user to user forum so we are not PayPal. 

Secondly is your US PayPal account set up to receive pounds sterling? 

If not then you can either add GBP to your US PayPal account or convert to dollars and send. . . . fees apply when you convert either way you do it. To find those options go to the right of the words PayPal balance and click on currency conversion. 

Or you can leave it in GBP in your US account and use it to pay for things from sellers that accept it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.