Receiving foreign currency?

wakesfield
Contributor
Contributor

A commissioner sent me money in CAD, however I noticed it did not automatically appear in my balance. I asked if they had sent the money yet, however they said that it was deducted from their account and I hadn't yet accepted the payment. 

Where would I go to accept the foreign currency? I can't find it anywhere.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on this icon ">" to the right of the words paypal balance on your paypal summary page and on the next page a pop up will show and click on "manage currencies".

Then "add" the currency from the drop down box.

However to withdraw them to your bank account you may have to convert them first (in the same place > currency conversion), fees will apply.

It would have been easier if your buyer had just paid in your currency which is easy to do as they just select the currency they want to send during the payment process from a drop down box and before they click submit it would have told them how much in their own currency would be deducted from their funding source.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on this icon ">" to the right of the words paypal balance on your paypal summary page and on the next page a pop up will show and click on "manage currencies".

Then "add" the currency from the drop down box.

However to withdraw them to your bank account you may have to convert them first (in the same place > currency conversion), fees will apply.

It would have been easier if your buyer had just paid in your currency which is easy to do as they just select the currency they want to send during the payment process from a drop down box and before they click submit it would have told them how much in their own currency would be deducted from their funding source.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wakesfield
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! Much appreciated. 

Unfortuantely it is commission work and I didn't yet have an idea they were out of the country, I wish I could've told them to pay in my currency but oh well. Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.