Receiving Money

WillieC
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting a refund however the purchase was made on a gift card I don't have anymore. So i asked the seller to just send me the refund amount instead. I don't mind the fee when accepting the money but where will that money add into? The card currently linked to my account? Also, where will I be notified the money had been sent to me?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WillieC

A seller can only use the refund option to send it back to the original source of the payment. If that card is no longer in use then it would most likely bounce back to your paypal account balance.

But if you ask the seller to "send" a payment rather than "refund" a payment i am not sure they will agree to do that as they will have no proof that they refunded you.

If they do use this method then the funds will go to your paypal account balance.

If someone sends you a payment OR refunds you paypal send you an email and the transaction shows in your activity list on your summary page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.