Received a payment in USD however is not showing up in my balance

Staceeylon
Contributor
Contributor
I have received a payment in USD and it says the transaction is completed, however the money is not in my balance? Can anyone help me out please and tell me why?? Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK i am hoping you still have the old paypal format and if so go to your paypal account and look to the right of where it says "paypal balance" and click on the little words "currency converter" >>> in their click on the drop down box and add the currency you want to accept as well as sterling ie dollars in your case.

Then that hopefully will work and the funds appear in your paypal account balance under the USD section.

You can't withdraw them until you go back to the same place and there is the option in there to convert them to sterling BUT BE AWARE currency conversion fees will apply. Once converted they will go into the sterling secion.

Or you can leave them in your paypal account balance and use them to buy anything that is listed in dollars.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is you paypal account set up to accept dollars?

If not post back and i can tell you how as it is pretty straightforward.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Staceeylon
Contributor
Contributor
No I don't think it is, could you let me know how to do this? Thanks
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK i am hoping you still have the old paypal format and if so go to your paypal account and look to the right of where it says "paypal balance" and click on the little words "currency converter" >>> in their click on the drop down box and add the currency you want to accept as well as sterling ie dollars in your case.

Then that hopefully will work and the funds appear in your paypal account balance under the USD section.

You can't withdraw them until you go back to the same place and there is the option in there to convert them to sterling BUT BE AWARE currency conversion fees will apply. Once converted they will go into the sterling secion.

Or you can leave them in your paypal account balance and use them to buy anything that is listed in dollars.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Staceeylon
Contributor
Contributor
That's brilliant! Thank you so much for your help! I have sorted it now! Thank you
Login to Me Too

JanekB
New Community Member

Hi Kernowlass,

I was googling about PayPal payments when I came across this thread in the Community Help Forum.

I didn't realise that even with a UK PayPal account I could receive payments in other currencies. That's great to know. Thank you!

So, if someone in the US pays me in dollars, then the payment will be subject to the cross border personal payment fee (0.5% or 3.9% plus fixed fee) but no conversion fee, correct?

Then, if I want to use those dollars to buy something in another country, again, the payment will be subject to the cross border personal payment fee but not any conversion fee, is that right?

One final thing: in the PayPal fees section, it says "in most cases, the sender decides who pays the fee", so presumably the recipient will be the one who pays, correct?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too

Bastet1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am not sure if I should post here but I'd appreciate any help. I set my account to automatically receive payments and I want back to the option where I can revew the received payment and accept it whether in GBP or EUR, but this option is no longer available? And since today paypal started charging me fees for any payments received in EUR or USD which did not happen before. I couldn't get any answer from paypal customer service. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.