Raising money for charity and paypal fees!?

delloy
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Over the Past couple of weeks I have organised a charity auction to help the relief effort for the tragic events caused by the Earthquake in Nepal recently. 100% of proceeds are to go DEC (Disasters and Emergency Committee) through ebay giving etc The auction ran today on ebay, and went fantastically, raising £7500! Because 100% was donated ebay are going to refund all associated fees. I log into my paypal account to discover they will be charging fees on every transaction! I find this disgraceful to be honest and it makes me feel slightly nauseous! Is this correct? I hope not! Can someone please explain, or is this just going to be another case of a greedy corporation having to take their cut! How many millions do paypal make a day? Taking from the poor to give to the rich.......sound familiar? Paypal please explain yourself
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

delloy
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Paypal! Am I actually going to get a response from any Paypal representatives about this, it is very important! The fundraiser has now raised £9000 and fees are getting ridiculous!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a user to user forum, your best bet is to contact customer services. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.