RECIEVED payment e-mail confirmation link does not work and can not enter the new Email address

Ngoring
Contributor
Contributor

Got e-mail saying I have received a payment to <removed>. Then told if not list in my PayPal account will need to confirm using link from mail and confirmation number. When you follow the link takes you to the email that is not confirmed but doesn't tell you that it then asks for a password for your account to put in and of course does not work using the unconfirmed email and it doesn't show you and there is no option to change it. so login to PayPal using primary mail address and <removed> and use password everything works login I ok . Try adding new mail <removed> and it says it's not available - which is rubbish it is my email and I use it every day I cannot find any help and I cannot find any menus to a payment issue of receipt of payment - Nigel <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ngoring
Contributor
Contributor
It was from PayPal and I have worked out the problem myself last night. I guessed that as PayPal said mail was not available then I had set up another PayPal account using my gmail.. So tried logging in to PayPal using my gmail and selected forgot password. Then recived reset mail and put in my new password. When I logged in the welcome screen said geetings again Nancy! Or similar. Going to profile showed that account had been set up by Nancy Goring with address in USA. SO SHE HAD MADE A TYPO IN HER MAIL ADDRESS AND USED MINE.. she probably did not realise it but when she got no verification or conformation mail probably started again and set up another account with correct mail. The money I was to recove was there waiting for acceptance so I sent it back and asked send to send it to my brunet mail address. This was done and all is ok again.. I am trying to get email for Nancy to inform her and will close account and then enter gmail address into my operational PayPal account. She has done it a couple of times I get mails from a ladies clothing website and others from a bird pet supply website all addressed to Nancy Well no I know what the problem/s where and they were not pay pals and the original msg and like where genuine and worked once I had correct password for gmail PayPal account. But PayPals help, custermer services menses and process still suck big time still got nothing but auto e-mails that are no help. Calling them would be better as suggested by other respondents but expensive from Brunei unless can use Skype and should not be necessary. Anyway all fixed now just got to find and contact the lady, looks like I found her on FB and am now waiting for reply ,, Another night without sleep

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi  Ngoring

Genuine ppal emails:

Always address u as Dear full name never by email address

Never ask u to click on links/downloads/attachments

Never ask for personal info

Never ask u to click on links from private emails

Always log in  via official site never from your private emails

Since u have clicked on the link change your password and security questions immediately

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry not sure what Mintys reply meant.

Its odd they won't let you add your own email address as a second email addy as you are allowed 8 on the one i.d.

When you say you can't add it, do you mean you can add it but not verifiy it??

Why don't you contact customer services and ask them why you can't add an email address that you already own as a second email addy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ngoring
Contributor
Contributor
I hit Plus to enter new e-mail and enter my gma and press done and it comes back with email NOT AVAILABLE AS FOR CUSTOMER SRRVICES TRIED FOR THREE HOURS GOING ROUND ANX ROUND MENI OPTIONS AND FINALY GOT EMAIL HELP BOX. FILLED IT IN THEN GOT AUTO RESPONSE EMAIL AND REPLIED NO HELP THEN GOT ANOTHER EMAIL SENDING ME BACK TO WEBSITE HELP!!!!!! Not amused at present
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ngoring
Contributor
Contributor
I found problem lady had used my gmail to setup an account by mistake see my reply to other respondent that you mention but I can not see whilst texting here. But it isolve. But PayPal help needs good overhaul. I am sure calling them as you suggested would have been much quicker and affective but costly from Brunei Thank any way
Login to Me Too
Solved

Ngoring
Contributor
Contributor
It was from PayPal and I have worked out the problem myself last night. I guessed that as PayPal said mail was not available then I had set up another PayPal account using my gmail.. So tried logging in to PayPal using my gmail and selected forgot password. Then recived reset mail and put in my new password. When I logged in the welcome screen said geetings again Nancy! Or similar. Going to profile showed that account had been set up by Nancy Goring with address in USA. SO SHE HAD MADE A TYPO IN HER MAIL ADDRESS AND USED MINE.. she probably did not realise it but when she got no verification or conformation mail probably started again and set up another account with correct mail. The money I was to recove was there waiting for acceptance so I sent it back and asked send to send it to my brunet mail address. This was done and all is ok again.. I am trying to get email for Nancy to inform her and will close account and then enter gmail address into my operational PayPal account. She has done it a couple of times I get mails from a ladies clothing website and others from a bird pet supply website all addressed to Nancy Well no I know what the problem/s where and they were not pay pals and the original msg and like where genuine and worked once I had correct password for gmail PayPal account. But PayPals help, custermer services menses and process still suck big time still got nothing but auto e-mails that are no help. Calling them would be better as suggested by other respondents but expensive from Brunei unless can use Skype and should not be necessary. Anyway all fixed now just got to find and contact the lady, looks like I found her on FB and am now waiting for reply ,, Another night without sleep
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It would help if you post on the U.K forum to state you are not in the U.K and then we would not give you the U.K telephone number.

But if you read my post i did give you other options to contact customer services via facebook or twitter.

Glad its sorted though.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ngoring
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for advice. Got more help from you and the other Vol respondent than from customer care or help sites INFACT got none from them to date but now closed so all ok Thanks again
Login to Me Too

Elacabrera422
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.