Problem using Paypal for Xbox.com

Draco211
Contributor
Contributor
I recently tried to add my Paypal account to Xbox.com after deleting it a few weeks prior (I don't like to keep such info on my account incase it gets hacked). All works fine until I get to the checkout login page, where I am presented with this error after attempting to log in:

"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow."

I spoke to Xbox.com, and they reported that there were no issues on their end. I also spoke to Paypal customer services, who did not fix the problem and gave a vague explanation about Paypal's internal security system blocking my attempts automatically. Quite simply, Paypal is preventing me from linking my Paypal account to my Xbox account because I deleted it a few days ago.

This is not the first instance that this 'internal security system' has hindered me. A short while ago, I was unable to re-add my card to my Paypal account because I had removed them at one point. The system just does not seem to let you delete your info and re-enter it at the time when it is needed, forcing you to keep them linked to your account. If you're cautious about keeping your details online like me, then you are forced to consult customer services every time this occurs, which is surprisingly more often than it should be.

Back on topic, the other alternative ways to purchase from Xbox.com are not available to me right now, which is why I am not trying those methods instead. Also, I would preferably like to use my remaining Paypal balance instead, especially since I cannot even withdraw it without putting in my bank details.

Any advice is welcome, but I would much rather get a response from a representitive in order to work on finally sorting out this annoying problem.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

"Moderators" don't work at the weekend, as you want a response from them you will need to be patient until Monday.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Draco211
Contributor
Contributor

That's fine, I don't mind waiting a little longer.

Tbh, I don't think they'll be able to fix it either. I just finished speaking with another person on customer services, and they provided me with the same useless information as the first. Apprently they don't have the right to access the security system, so I'm pretty much buggered if it doesn't resolve itself in a few days. Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too

noteasy
New Community Member

I'm having a very similar issue. I removed a credit card from XBOX and set up a NEW paypal account specifically for use on Xbox live. The Paypal verification process went through but when I tried to buy something it came back with he "..account is not authorised "message.

I spoke to Xbox and the same thing. Its not their problem, you need to contact Paypal to authorize the payment first.

This is ludicrous. It makes a mockery of the term "on demand".

I dpnt want a credit card and I shouldnt be forced to have one.

I emailed paypal and they said they would get back to me in 24-72 hours. S

So far this has taken me nearly a week to buy a $5 item online and still I have to wait another 3 days.

This is like going to McDonalds and asking for something a little bit different - IE they dont have a clue where to start if it is not in the training manual.

Login to Me Too

djfonta
New Community Member

Exactly the same problem here. That's fantastic because nobody says "here is the solution of the problem." Everyone says that it is someone else's fault.

Login to Me Too

Tutunka
New Community Member

Same problem here, several years later trying to buy gold.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.