Pending

sintra
New Community Member

I purchased a item off of a seller on Gumtree and he says he cant see a deposit in his account, I checked my paypal account and is says money sent but under neath it says Seller at Gumtree has not accepted yet So i cant arrange deliverery of item What does this mean?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi sintra,

Welcome to the community forum.

It sounds like your payment is unclaimed. This means that the money has been sent to the email address you inputted but either the seller has not confirmed this on his account or there is a typo. If the seller has not confirmed the email he has do this and then receive the payment. If the email address has a typo you may be able to cancel the payment.

You can cancel an unclaimed payment if it has been sent to an email address that is not yet registered to a PayPal account.

Here's how to cancel your unclaimed payment:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click History page near the top of the page.
  3. Find the payment to be cancelled.
  4. Click Cancel in the ‘Order status/Action’ column of the unclaimed transaction.
  5. Click Cancel Payment.

You can only cancel an ‘Unclaimed’ payment that has a ‘Cancel’ button in the action column. If there is no cancel button and you can’t arrange a satisfactory outcome with the recipient, you need to wait 30 days for the transaction to be cancelled automatically.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.