Pending payment

Reinkaos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm new to ebay also a new seller. I've sold something and the money is showing as pending in my PayPal account. The buyer bought it on 30/01/2016 last saturday so i posted the item on Monday and the next day arrived. He was very please with my fast service. I used Royal Mail express service. He gave me a possitive feedback and now i have 3 possitive feedbacks. Also my account is ABOVE STANDARD. How long will i have to wait until the money is released because i think i have met the criteria. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reinkaos

No idea, why don't you check online and see if its showing as delivered?? Then add on 3 days from that !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reinkaos

New seller hold that every new seller goes through.
Positive feedback is not one of the criteria for early release of funds.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

If you read the above link then normally funds are released when your tracking number shows the item as delivered + 3 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Reinkaos
Contributor
Contributor

I see! And how long does it take for the tracking number to show as delivered ? The buyer has already got the item.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reinkaos

No idea, why don't you check online and see if its showing as delivered?? Then add on 3 days from that !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Reinkaos
Contributor
Contributor

Solved! Got the money. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Technologist
Contributor
Contributor

That was a little harsh.  Maybe a simple "that is not of function of Paypal, perhaps you should check with the shipper, and then add 3 days".

Maybe a little break from volunteer advising is in order.  Sounds like you you don't like responding to users silly questions.  Remember, they don't know the answer, and you've probably given the answer a hundred times.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Technologist

The comment was not meant to be harsh and not taken so by the OP.

I really did not have any idea.

Also if you are going to have a go at me for how I word things......quickly as I only log on for brief periods to help as many as possible......then at least help ONE person yourself before you do so.

I have helped more than i care to remember from being scammed on here, and if i take a break then more will be scammed as there are very few that post on here to help.

But if that is all the advice you can give ie take a break allowing folks to be scammed then forgive me if i ignore it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Keepsending786
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

i am with ebay from last 12 years and seller performance is above standard. Paypal is holding my money and I feel ebay and paypal are driving customers out due there fee, Ebay 10%, paypal almost 3% and on top, ebay would charge 10% final value fee on postage which has got nothing to do with Ebay.

supose I am selling something for £100, ebay and paypal would charge £13 as a fee excluding final value fee on postage.this is way too high and I feel ebay and paypal might drive themself out of market with such a high fee.

on top, Paypal is holding my money and would use my money for 21 days, how stupid of me thinking to sell on Ebay and use preffered method as paypal!

I will try to avoid selling on Ebay next time.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keepsending786

Trying real life auction houses their fees are way higher.

You can try elsewhere but i would rather get a higher price for an item on ebay than a lower price elsewhere (fees taken into account).

Also if you are subject to the 21 day hold then its only for a while as a new seller AND the funds are released way before 21 days as long as you provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer + 3 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Keepsending786
Contributor
Contributor
I got your point, means, ebay or paypal is trying to compare with real house auctions but how many of us go to real house auctions? There are other sites where you can sell free of charge, nothing personal or am not reprenting any one. Its just my personal experience, am not a regular on ebay, just done few transactions and 90% were the perchases. I personaly wouldn't like to sell where i have to pay such a high fee and my money used by paypal for 21 days. No offence
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.