Pending Payment

DeVosAH
Contributor
Contributor

This is my first time selling something via Paypal...

I sent a payment request to the buyer and received an e-mail shortly thereaftter from Paypal confirming that the payment has been "approved".

When I log onto my Paypal account however, it states that the transaction is pending and that the buyer has not yet paid..

Excuse my ignorance, but is this normal? Can I proceed with the shipment of the item eventhough my account states that no Payment has been received?

Please advise...

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DeVosAH

Are the funds showing in your paypal account balance but with pending by them OR are they not showing at all.

Can you say a bit more about the transaction ie is it international eg Africa etc?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DeVosAH
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply Kernolass. 

No funds shown on Paypal, just "request sent" and "pending" and "has not paid yet".

I did receive 2 emails which states that funds will only show once I send tracking number of shipped item to a paypal email address.

The parcel need to ship to Negeria, Africa.  (alarm bells)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DeVosAH

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DeVosAH
Contributor
Contributor

Brilliant! Thank you so much for your time. Appreciate it! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DeVosAH

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.