Pending Payment not showing up!!

kodygill
New Community Member

I sold something online to a user from a game. They sent the payment and forwarded me their paypal confirmation of the payment being placed. However, for them it says "you recpient will recieve their payment on the 4th of July." Also, the payment is in the pending section of their account. However, i contact Paypal support and asked them to search up the transaction ID and they told me that it doesn't exist. They also said, any pending payment should show in my paypal but unfortunately, it doesn't. The buyer then showed me various screenshots all of which are legit. So my question is, will I automatically recieve the payment on the 4th of July or is all just an ellaborate scam? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Kodygill

I suspect its a scam

If ppal says it doesnt exist then it doesnt

Screenshots mean nothing as they can be faked/made up

No payments in your ppal acc mans u havent been paid

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello kodygill!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community. When a payment is received, the funds are always displayed in your PayPal balance. A temporary hold might be placed in the payment, but still the transaction and the funds should be displayed in your PayPal account. The best thing is to double check this in your account history from our desktop version. Please also review that your email is confirmed as this is basic to receive funds in your PayPal account.

I would recommend you also to have a read in here about genuine communications sent by PayPal http://ow.ly/OVb24

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.