Pending Authorization/Temporary Hold

balditab
New Community Member

I recently tried paying for a gift card with Paypal but got an email a couple of days later saying that the payment didnt go through since I was trying to make a purchase in a US store while paying with an Ecuadorian Paypal account. HOWEVER, Paypal has still got my funds in "pending authorization/temporary hold" status and has not released these funds to my account even though the seller has already notified the transaction has not and WILL NOT go through. WHEN WILL MY FUNDS BE RELEASED INTO MY ACCOUNT???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@balditab

After 30 days probably.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

balditab
New Community Member

Ok, thanks. Ill wait 30 days and pop back in here otherwise. You've been most helpful

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@balditab

Sorry short reply was about to dish out a meal  >>>

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

You could try contacting your funding source ie bank or card issuer and asking them to release the pending funds back to your account as they are no longer needed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.