Paypal payment pending HELP!!!! :'(

StevenCole
New Community Member

I sold an item on ebay which then got removed but i received the payment and gave the item to the buyer now it says i cannot withdraw the money because the payment is pending & wont be able to receive the money until 21 days which is way too long as i need this money ASAP i am a bit of a newbie when it comes to ebay & paypal so i would like some help off someone please thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

Wilkas
Contributor
Contributor

How long do you continue to withhold the payments, I've bought 11 items now and sold 3 and it's still happening to me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Wilkas,

There is no specific timeframe.

If you meet the following, you’ll receive payments instantly in most cases:

• You have been an eBay and PayPal member for 6-months or more
• Your total Feedback score is 100 or greater
• Your buyer dissatisfaction percentage is less than 5%
• You are selling in a category or industry with an established history
• Your average Detailed Seller Rating is 4.5 or greater
• You have received 20 or more Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12-months

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Wilkas
Contributor
Contributor

Siobhan this is soooo irritating. After my payments have cleared I am going to avoid using paypal if I can or stop selling stuff altogether on ebay.

If you put the option of recorded class delivery people dont want to pay the extra so will just buy a similar item off someone else using a cheaper form of post. Most of the items I've sold are reletively cheap (pc games and books) so with the fees I have to pay and the waiting for feedback off people it's just making it pointless after I have to buy the packaging etc..

There has to be a way to make this work better for the end consumer, I shouldn't have to keep my fingers crossed that someone is going to leave feedback when they're supposed to or I'll be out of pocket. It should be anything over £10 when you're a new used goes into pending balance.

Login to Me Too

Wilkas
Contributor
Contributor

Just thinking about it, you guys have my address, bank card number, account number, phone number and email details... I've even had a phonecall of you when I registered... What Paypal is doing is just overkill.

Login to Me Too

cmcdermott
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal are lying crooks, pure and simple. Time for a boycot.
Login to Me Too

Grumpy77
Contributor
Contributor

This really is ridiculous, I recently sold a few items on 1 day auctions because I had a major cash flow issues and needed to pay rent and other bills within a few days, 2 weeks later I'm still waiting for a big chunk of it to be released.

Paypal member for 15 years, 1000+ feedback (at least several hundred of which are sales), 4.7 or above on detailed seller ratings, although I've not sold 20 items in the past year I have 100% positive feedback for that period.  I think I'm a pretty safe bet.

Items have now arrived (tracked), feedback has been received on those shipped to the UK etc, and now 1 of the further international sales. Surely you could at least react to the fact items I sold at the same time to the UK were fine, and the chances are the ones sent via the ebay shipping programme would a) arrive and b) be fine.

Next time, if there is one, I will only post when money is actually received. I/you were lucky this time payment for a few low priced items was released allowing me to be able to afford to ship them at all.  You/ebay need to sort this whole system out in a way that the long time users are more trusted.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grumpy77

You are responding to a post made by Siobhan in 2011.

Since then Ebay and Paypal have split and that advice is way out of date.

>>

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Also Ebay feedback has no bearing on payment release.

Normally for the Ebay hold its when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

harveyhenza
New Community Member

I sold a high end item on ebay 4 days ago. On both ebay and paypal it says payment pending. Now your saying i have to post and provide a tracking number before payment is released. Why would i do that? What happens if the customers payment bounces and im left $5000 out of pocket.??

Login to Me Too

Placide_Doubai
New Community Member

Hi harveyhenza

This is EXACTLY what happend to me! I sold an item on eBay. The buyer didn't choose the optional tracking shipping service, but rather the free one with no tracking number.

I sent the item. Guess what, the buyer raised a case saying he didn't receive the item, Paypal tooke my money back, maning I gave the item for free... GREAT! What an HORRIBLE service it is. How it could be POSSIBLE to have such case Is beyond me.

Login to Me Too

NotTheRealMan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same pending issues as most people on this page. The only difference is that my incoming amount is being held for less time (10 days) even though the email that was sent to 'help me' said that it is only able to be held for, at the most, 8 day.
I also see that a Skype employee is on this page, skipping over the original question that everyone is having troubles with and focusing on the lesser questions (probably trying to fill a quo.).

It would be extremely helpful if we could get some assistance on the issue of a extremely long pending times and how to speed them up. These long pending times are extremely frustrating and unnecessary, please fix the pending times and/or help us speed up the pending times.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.