Paypal paying from my bank account

wiganyankeeron
Contributor
Contributor

Why has Paypal just started to take money from my bank account for purchases when I have ample funds in my paypal account???

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are the funds in your paypal account balance in the same currency as the person you are paying?

Have you got a back up card linked to your paypal account as well and is it still in date?

Are the funds leaving your bank account as echeques or instant payments? 

Are the funds in your paypal account balance cleared or pending?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wiganyankeeron
Contributor
Contributor

Just checked and for some reason my payments have been set to only pay after delivery???? When?How has this happened ? It says payment has been made but payment will be collected from my bank account on certain dates.

Are the funds in your paypal account balance in the same currency as the person you are paying?  YES

Have you got a back up card linked to your paypal account as well and is it still in date?       YES

Are the funds leaving your bank account as echeques or instant payments?         ?????

Are the funds in your paypal account balance cleared or pending?  It says PAID but Money will be collected on a certain date in March

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are offered pay after delivery and use it x1 then it will be the default funding source when offered on transactions.

If you’ve signed up to PAD, it automatically becomes your default way to pay when it’s available. You can switch it off at any time, though. Here’s how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Settings/profile icon at the top of the page.
  3. Under 'Payment settings', beside 'Payment preferences', click Edit.
  4. Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click Turn this option off.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wiganyankeeron
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thanks for the info but I can't see any icons or anything showing where I can change the 'Settings/Profile'????

I hate this new look Paypal layout ...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Profile is the spanner looking icon next to log out. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wiganyankeeron
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thanks again for your help now managed to turn off the Pay after delivery option but how do I make my Payapl balance as my prefered methid of payment (as it has always been) Why it has suddenley changed I have no idea????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your paypal balance will always be used first if you have funds in the correct currency in that balance to pay your seller UNLESS you have the pay after delivery option on.

If you have turned it off then your balance should be used again in future transactions (not this one though).

When you are offered pay after delivery it is just a little pop up during the payment process the first time and i nearly clicked on it by mistake so i expect you missed it as well. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wiganyankeeron
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kernowlass, you have restored my faith in Human Nature Thanks for all your helpHeart

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your welcome, you just caught me before i have to go to the dentist Smiley Indifferent

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.