Paypal is holding the money, can i post the item???? please help

Amberkane
Contributor
Contributor

Ive sold the item on ebay. The buyer didnt pay the money for 4 days so ebay automatically opened the case. I received the money and the case was closed, but the payment i received is on hold. I just  wondering if i post the item will i definitely get the money after 21 days or there is a chance the money will be returned to buyer. please help, ive neved had any problems so dont know what should i do, thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

freak
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, you should send it ASAP - as soon as the buyer leaves positive feedback the funds are relased and you have the money. It's kinda annoying that if they dont bother to leave feedback, you still have to wait 21 days. *grumble*

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Thanks for your input freak, kudos for you Smiley Happy.

I will give you some more information on this Amberkane so that you know why the holds are placed and also how you can get your money released.

Before a hold is placed we review many factors including transaction activity, business type, past customer disputes and overall customer satisfaction.

Here are some common reasons for holding payments:

• You have been an eBay and PayPal member for less than 6 months, and, have limited selling activity.
• You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100 and do not have a record of good performance
• You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage of 5% or greater than 5%
• You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5
• You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months
• You have a high rate of customer disputes
• You’re selling in a high risk category or industry such as, but not limited to, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or cell phones
• You have a spike in selling activities or begin selling in a category without an established history

Your funds will be released when one of the following occurs:

• The buyer leaves you positive feedback
• 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed on the transaction
• You provide a tracking number which shows that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago

I hope this helps Smiley Happy,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.