Paypal error, "This email address is already linked to a PayPal account" Can't receive payment!

azzy5463
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently received an email stating I had been sent a payment (one I was expecting).
Unfortunatly the company that sent the payment sent it to the wrong email address, not the one that is linked with paypal. So in the email it was explained that to claim the money I would have to either link the email address to an existing paypal account or create a new account.
I decided to link the email address to my paypal account and everything seemed to go fine, until... 
Logging onto the account to claim the money I was confronted by this error message :

"This email address is already linked to a PayPal account. Please log in to your PayPal account with your primary email address to confirm that you received the money."

So i made the email address I had linked to the account, the one the payment was sent to, my primary email and tried again but still the same message appeared.

Really unsure of what to do to claim my money now!

Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

callawayeddie
New Community Member

Thanks, that worked! Looks like PayPal is in no rush to fix that bug?!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.