Paypal Waiting Tracking Number of posting item

TrueViking
New Community Member

im selling my ps4 for somebody in another country. i said i will post my selling item soon as possible i see money on my paypal acoount, now i got email i got added money service(at)int'l.paypal.com <service(at)intltransfer.net>

and they request a shipping order number to claim my money? is this being scammed or just verfication way?

so basicly i need to post my item to other country (won't see again if scammed) and just wait if i may see money at my account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TrueViking

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TrueViking

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TrueViking
New Community Member

Thankyou for helping me!

Login to Me Too

Louloujosh83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i have just had the same thing i sold a xbox one and some ps4 games on ebay i can not access the money as its coming up on paypal as on hold it says i have to send valid tracking information before i receive my money but it says it can take upto 21working days to get it and how can i send it if they are holding the postage fees as i only get paid fortnightly so normally the money goes straight in my account and then i go straight round and post it this has never happened to me before so im not sure what im meant to do cause if i wait until i get paid that means the buyers have to wait over a week to recieve there items and i cant do that if anyone could give me alittle advise that would be great thanks louise

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Louloujosh83

Yours is NOT the same thing.

The above posters question was about an ongoing scam.

Yours is NOT a scam, if the funds are showing in your paypal balance but as pending then its the new seller hold.

Info in link below  >>

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Louloujosh83
Contributor
Contributor

Aahh ok but im not a new seller on ebay ive had an account for acouple of years and ive sold quite afew items and i have never had this problem before ????????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Louloujosh83

Suggest you read the link and then see if any of the below apply??

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Louloujosh83
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for being helpful i mean the xbox one is probs the most ive ever sold anything for on ebay but the ps4 games i dont understand as i have sold them before for more than what they sold for so the xbox one money being on hold until they recieve it i understand but the games i dont understand and i have had no recent bad feedback i will just ring customer services tomorrow as i really stuck with this one thankyou again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.