Payments from product launch

bluerob1957
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I am launching a digital product in a few weeks so I am expecting a larger than normal number of payments. Is there a setting within my paypal account that allows me to inform paypal of this so that my account does not get flagged as supsicious.

thanks

Robert

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LisaWong
Contributor
Contributor

You have to contact them to let them know. Use the phone number on their website and explain it to the person who answers. I was advised to email compliance AT paypal.com. Here's the partial text of the email:

Subject: Future unusual activity in my account

Hello, I called in to customer service and was advised to email you in order to avoid having my account suspended for unusual activity. I'm doing a big marketing promotion in the last week of February until the middle of March. As such, there will be large amount of funds going through my account over the three-week period. I estimate it will be between $10,000 to $20,000 over the three-week period. Thank you.

I received a generic response, but never had issues with funds being placed on hold.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.