Payment via mobile number

Fayedebaby
New Community Member
Someone has paid me via my mobile number and they say it is 'unclaimed'. Trouble is, I've never received a text or email from PayPal. The person who made the payment sent a screen shot of the payment so I know they paid. My mobile wasn't linked when they sent the payment but I've since linked it. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Fayedebaby,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum 🙂

If you haven't confirmed your mobile phone (even if it's already added to your PayPal account), you won't be able to receive payments sent to your mobile phone number. Here's how to confirm your mobile phone number:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Depending on the kind of account you have, click My personal info or My business info.
  4. Next to 'Phone', click mobile payments.
  5. Click Link.
  6. Check the box to confirm you own the phone or have permission from the owner to use the number.
  7. Click Continue.
  8. We'll text a code to your phone. When you receive the text, enter the code and then click Confirm phone.

After you activate and confirm your phone, the payment will show as 'Completed' in your history log.

If you continue to run into issues, please let us know!

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.