Payment stuck in pending - unclaimed ???

Reiya
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sent a payment to a friend (via the F&F option) but now it's stuck showing as 'pending - unclaimed' on my account.

My friend says he cannot see the payment at all on his side ....

I've already double checked the email address and everything and it's correct (earlier I thought it was wrong, but it's definitely correct as far as I know.)

What should I do? I cannot see an option to cancel the payment so I've lost the money and it's just stuck somewhere and I have no idea how to get it back ...

Could there be something wrong with his account? Or mine?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

Unclaimed pyament can happen if the email address is spelled incorrectly or the currency your are sending is not opened or available on the recepients account.

since you mentioned that the email address is definitely correct then mostlikely it has something to do with the currency, in this case the recepient has the option to accept the payment on their end.

Sometimes it doesn't show up on the mobile or paypal app so i would highly suggest to do it on a computer.

There are 3 options:

Accept payment and automatically convert it with the recepients default currency

Accept payment and open a currency which its under

Refuse payment

If the payment was not claimed within 30 days payment will go back to you automatically.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.