Payment showing on bank statement but not PayPal Activity?

CalicoChu

Right, so, on the 15th of April I preordered something from a company called Tasty Peach Studios for roughly £35 (give or take a few pence here), which will be released in July, and the transaction seemed to go through pretty smoothly. So off I go and somewhat forget about the transaction (I'm not supposed to be receiving the product until mid-July, so it was kind of put to the back of my mind).

Anywho, today I'm checking through my statements and I realise that the £35~ had been withdrawn from my bank account on the 18th of April with the message "CARD PAYMENT TO PAYPAL *TASTYPEACHS", which seemed quite fair/normal to me, so I decided to just double check on my PayPal that the transaction had gone through fine. Now, I've rarely used PayPal over the years (it was mainly during University to sort out certain payments for equipment which I could only pay via PayPal), so I know that my activity is pretty empty, however I cannot for the life of me find any kind of transaction to Tasty Peach Studios for this £35~ and I'm wondering "why?" since I thought that all transactions showed up on your PayPal account. I thought for a moment it was because the Item is classed as a "preorder" and hasn't been released yet, but if PayPal took the money from my account then something should've shown on my account, no?

Can someone help me, please, I just want to make sure that the money has gone to the right people and that I will still receive my goods when they're finally released.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well i can't know how you decided to pay BUT IF you paid as a guest payer via paypal then it won't show in your paypal account.

You would have had an email from paypal to say you had paid but it won't be in your account.

If you don't get an item you can still file a dispute but you have to contact customer services to open it for you.     

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you pay via paypal as a guest buyer OR did you log into your paypal account during the payment process?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CalicoChu

If I'm completely honest I can't remember. I remember it comes up with "Pay with PayPal" and "Pay with Debit card" - but if I paid with my Debit Card then how it showed up as "Payment to Paypal" on my bank statement and an email from PayPal telling me that I had sent the money to TastyPeaches?

It's all a tad confusing ._.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well i can't know how you decided to pay BUT IF you paid as a guest payer via paypal then it won't show in your paypal account.

You would have had an email from paypal to say you had paid but it won't be in your account.

If you don't get an item you can still file a dispute but you have to contact customer services to open it for you.     

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.