Payment sent through Friends & Family on Hold

fwoshy
Contributor
Contributor

My friend sent me a large sum of money for a security deposit via the Friends & Family option last month and the amount has been held indefinitely. I've called PayPal and they told me the case was "escalated" - that was over 2 weeks ago. Since it was sent via the gift option, there should be no valid reason to hold the funds - what can I do to get this amount either released or cancelled altogether so that I can find an alternative payment option?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi fwoshy,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum.

If the payment has been placed on hold this is usually for 21 days and it will then be released into your PayPal Account. If you cannot wait this time-frame I would recommend refunding the payment and your friend can pay you the funds in cash or a regular bank transfer.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Prettylilmess
The customer received their item I would greatly appreciate you release the money do me thank you I made good on my deal now I would like my money
Login to Me Too

fwoshy
Contributor
Contributor

I can't refund the payment because it's on hold. It's been on hold for 50 days now with no action items.

After calling PayPal support, they are only able to provide an alias that does not respond to me and so I'll be looking into legal action or filing a small claims case now.

Login to Me Too

fwoshy
Contributor
Contributor

Wanted to follow up in case anyone ran into this annoying issue to say that my case was FINALLY resolved and it mostly required some angry yelling on the customer service phone line. The floor supervisor was refusing to put us on the line with the next person up the chain, but after insisting that this was unacceptable, we finally got in touch with a real manager at the department of limitations who was able to release the funds INSTANTLY. This, in itself, was still aggravating since it really meant that no one was looking at my case and the money was just sitting there for 50+ days for no reason. Just wanted to let people know to not give up on the phone and make sure to let them know that their idle "solutions" are BS. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.