Payment question!!

Dan70
New Community Member
Hello! VERY new to paypal! I have just sent my first payment off and the recepient said she has recieved it but when checking my online banking the payment has not come out! My paypal wallet was empty and was at the beginning as i thought the money just came straight from my bank account? Anyone help/ give me an answer?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan70

When you pay a seller it is never instant, paypal CREDIT the seller the funds and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source to paypal to reimburse them.

They do this so that their is no delay with the despatch of your item.

They tend to only take that risk though as long as you pay with a bank account BUT have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well OR you just pay via a card.

Funds can leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan70

When you pay a seller it is never instant, paypal CREDIT the seller the funds and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source to paypal to reimburse them.

They do this so that their is no delay with the despatch of your item.

They tend to only take that risk though as long as you pay with a bank account BUT have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well OR you just pay via a card.

Funds can leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.