Payment pending?

Daisyducj_1982
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, I sold an item in eBay this morning and had a notification to say 'checkout complete'. When I've checked my PayPal balance it says zero and on my eBay sale it says payment pending. Can anyone advise why this may be? I've read here about pending payments but would this just not show as a balance but with pending underneath it instead of not detailing the transaction at all? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

robsteer
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like the email address that was used on the eBay listing either isn't confirmed or doesn't match the one on your PayPal account. This can stop payments from showing on your account at all.

The easiest way to check how the listing was created is go to 'My Ebay', 'Sold' and then 'More Actions' next to the item you are awaiting payment for and then select 'Sell Similar' from the list of options on the drop down box.

You will see a section in there which is payment methods or selling preferences. It will say 'PayPal:' and have an email address next to it.

Confirm that email address on PayPal if you have access to it. If not, provide the buyer with the correct email on your PayPal account and have them send the payment directly through PayPal to you.

Hope this helps!

🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

robsteer
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like the email address that was used on the eBay listing either isn't confirmed or doesn't match the one on your PayPal account. This can stop payments from showing on your account at all.

The easiest way to check how the listing was created is go to 'My Ebay', 'Sold' and then 'More Actions' next to the item you are awaiting payment for and then select 'Sell Similar' from the list of options on the drop down box.

You will see a section in there which is payment methods or selling preferences. It will say 'PayPal:' and have an email address next to it.

Confirm that email address on PayPal if you have access to it. If not, provide the buyer with the correct email on your PayPal account and have them send the payment directly through PayPal to you.

Hope this helps!

🙂

Login to Me Too

x590v3
New Community Member

BTW: I had the same issue, this resolution worked for me.  In fact, within 2 minutes of verifying the email address with PayPal I started to receive emails that the payment had been received.

Looking at root cause, it looks like somehow a second "payment policy" got created and was associated wtih my account. That policy had an email address associated with it that was mine but wasn't registered wtih PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.