Payment in 'escrow'?

Sibleysutton
Contributor
Contributor

Looking to buy a car from Northern Ireland and seller happy to use PayPal. Seller willing to deliver car and collect it back if not happy to progress too. Is there anyway to make payment to PayPal but withhold actual onward payment to seller until car arrives in England, its checked over and I authorise release of funds?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sibleysutton

Suspect this is a SCAM................ there is NO buyer protection on paypal for motor vehicles.

So the seller gets you to pay via paypal, no car is received and you can't open a dispute to get your money back.

Car Scams   >>>

Common warning signs:
  • Vehicles advertised well below what it is worth may be tempting, but should be a red flag. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is.
  • You are unable to see the vehicle in person first or have it physically inspected prior to payment
  • There is an urgency to complete the sale quickly because the seller has a health or family issue, is being deployed to the military, moving out of state/country or is going through a divorce/marriage
  • Seller pushes to get money in advance and transferred through a fast payment method, or sent to a fake escrow account to avoid you as the buyer losing out on the deal before another buyer purchases the item first

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sibleysutton
Contributor
Contributor

My suspicions too, hence me asking about payments in escrow.

Having heard no further since offering cash on delivery - I reckon we're both right!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.