Payment Pending

Walterzlad
Contributor
Contributor

With a 'Payment Pending' notification and no reasons or instructions given, can that payment be withdrawn by the buyer, or should I wait until the funds are showing as cleared.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Walterzlad

Yep new seller hold, needed to know if it was Ebay or not as Ebay and paypal have 2 separate ''hold'' policies.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987/1

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Walterzlad

Private transaction via paypal?

Ebay sale?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Walterzlad
Contributor
Contributor

Private transaction from something I sold on Gumtree. 

I've bought and paid for quite a few items using PayPal, but this is the first time I've been paid via PP. I'm thinking perhaps this is to protect the buyer due to me being an unknown quantity ?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Walterzlad

Yep new seller hold, needed to know if it was Ebay or not as Ebay and paypal have 2 separate ''hold'' policies.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987/1

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kevin-Arthur
Contributor
Contributor

I  got a problem like this

A friend sent me $ 300 on my old account, since I no longer using it, I declined the transaction on that old account and asked him to send on the new one. He told me he did a new transaction of $ 300 on my new account, but the problem is that the money is on hold and paypal told me that I will only receive it within 6 to 8 days. we can't understand why. Usually I get the money directly

Login to Me Too

Kevin-Arthur
Contributor
Contributor

A friend sent me $ 300 on my old account, since I no longer using it, I declined the transaction on that old account and asked him to send on the new one. He told me he did a new transaction of $ 300 on my new account, but the problem is that the money is on hold and paypal told me that I will only receive it within 6 to 8 days. we can't understand why. Usually I get the money directly

Login to Me Too

DizzeeSpellz
New Community Member

I have 2 hours to complete this payment or else i will be charged, why is my cash withdrawel pending, it's to the same bank account as i withdrawn to a few hours ago with no problem

are you friggin serious paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.