Paying for goods and services

llizzie
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot see an answer to my problem in resolution. What happens when paypalsend the money to the wrong person?

I employed a gardener for a one-off job through 'Rated People'.  On first contact, before he came to look at the job, I said I wanted to pay with pay pal. I am housebound so never have cash in the house because I cannot get to a bank.

The chap said OK.  He did the job yesterday and I paid him through paypal.  Unfortunatly he does not understand how pay pal works.  HOWEVER I have received an email from pay pal saying the company had accepted the money.  However, the man keeps phoning me saying he has not received it. 

Apparently he has spoken to pay pal who has passed the ball back to my court, but I cannot pay twice, so did paypal give the payment to someone else, despite the fact it was paid to the email address supplied by the worker. Now he wants  to come here and receive a cheque, but I am reluctant to pay him twice.

What do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If it was the email address he supplied you AND it is marked as completed in your paypal account then you have paid.

Tell him you won't pay twice and if he wants to take you to the small claims court you have proof you have paid so he would most probably lose.

But just to check IS THE PAYMENT showing as completed in your paypal transaction history??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.