Paying Invoice with a different account?

MrDollarhyde
Contributor
Contributor

I received an invoice today which the sender had sent to my business account, instead of my personal account, by mistake.  I clicked Pay invoice, and when it went to the login page, because it was a personal payment, I logged in using my personal account instead of my business account, which showed my personal bank account number, and I then paid.  I actually thought it might not let me do it, but it did.  I was definitely logged into my personal PayPal account to make the payment.

However the invoice is showing as paid from my business account which I wasn't logged in to at the time.  I can't seem to track where the money has been taken from, so can't figure out if the money has gone from my business bank account instead of my personal account which means possible a bit of a mess with my accounting 😞

Can't seem to find any info on this subject

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MrDollarhyde
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks - it's shown up in my personal account now, must have just taken a while to process through!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the transaction in your paypal account > then on the details page it should show you the funding source you used ie the last few numbers of the appropriate bank account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

MrDollarhyde
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks - it's shown up in my personal account now, must have just taken a while to process through!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.