PayPal pays automatically

Corton123
New Community Member
How do I stop Paypal paying automatically when I buy something. Just want to have the chance to review prior to buying.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_paula

Hi Corton123,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

I am not sure if I understand your question as when you are paying for an item on PayPal you are the one initiating the payment so if you would like to review it you can just hold off on sending the payment.

If I have mis-understood your question please let me know

Paula

Login to Me Too

Bastet1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, how can I stop  payments to be automatically received? I want to go back to the option where I am able to review the payment before accepting. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Bastet1,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum.

You do have the option to change this back in your payment receiving preferences. You can change it back to "Ask me". However, if you have a currency balance already set up the payment will automatically be added to that balance.

For example, if you have a USD balance and receive a USD payment you would not be asked, the funds would automatically be added to your USD balance.

Here is how to change your preferences

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My selling tools.
  4. Click Update beside 'Block payments' in the 'Getting paid and managing my risk' section.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions

Paula

Login to Me Too

Bastet1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks ever so much for your help! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.