PayPal Here & Card Reader CUSTOMERS FEEDBACK

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

Please post your Feedback in this thread to help all others as I can see they are scattered all over not doing any help to anybody wasting time trying to find your answers and also if it is worth it.

What you can do and what you cannot do.

I hope thgis thread helps all of you - no posts = no help!

Lets unify this helpline.

Heart

############################################################################

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

Replying to myself ##########################################################

Probably not possible to DIRECT CONNECT using WIFI WITHOUT MOBILE [for now!], but:

Dear PayPal, why don't you:

1. Add a Touch screen on the device - make it like a flip phone

2. add PayPal Here App or script to be able to DIRECT CONNECT to WIFI WITHOUT MOBILE

3. add CARDHOLDER NOT PRESENT to it and slash £. 20/m price to £. 5/m for 'small' businesses [ make a monthly maximum of transaction and you are done - YOU WILL GET THEM ALL!

Even on the Tablet would be perfect - but still REDUCE the £. 20/m to £. 5/m for SMALL businesses

Regards

M

Login to Me Too

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

On the PayPal Card REader FAQ I read:

Please note that PayPal cannot guarantee that all PayPal Here card reader functionality will work with all phone models. This is due to changes to settings and protocols made by phone manufacturers and mobile carriers that are outside of PayPal’s control.

Those listed there are probably 'more secure' when doing these transactions - is that why they are not compatible - because you cannot control them?

What about those that have a ROOTED mobile = i.e. not a original manufacturer's ROM?

Will it work with those phones that are 'not' listed withing the non compatible ones?

I guess they are not.

mmm

My dreams to get OFF the Banks HIGH charges for using their Card Reader are blown-out now

Login to Me Too

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

What are the reason why it has gone from £. 99 to £. 49.95 [while in US is/was $ 0]?

Possibilities:

1. They are going to come out with a new version [possibly with Touch Screen]

2. They did not sell many

3. Because in the US is free and they wanted to show they listened

4. Loads of people have problems with it

5. too many 'of the most used Mobiles' are not compatible?

Please add yours!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.