PayPal/Bank

Grumpy20181
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , I hope someone can help me. PayPal is taking money from my bank account instead of my PayPal account.

I have funds in my PayPal account balance 

Kind regards 

John

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Grumpy20181 wrote:

Hi , I hope someone can help me. PayPal is taking money from my bank account instead of my PayPal account.

Kind regards 

John

Hi @Grumpy20181,

It sounds like your bank account is the preferred method to pay.

With PayPal, you can use a bank account, your PayPal balance, or your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card as your preferred way to send money for goods and services or to pay for things online.

You can select and change your preferred way to pay online whenever you want by logging in to your PayPal account. Here's how to select your preferred way to pay online:

1. Click Wallet.
  2. Under Payment Methods, click  the payment method (your card, bank, or balance) you would like to make your preferred payment method.
  3. Click Make this preferred when paying online

Please note that you need to link a card or link a bank to your account before you can select it as a preferred way to pay. In future, this will be automatically selected at the checkout, if available, which will prevent further unintentional use of your bank account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Grumpy20181 wrote:

Kind regards 

John

Hi @Grumpy20181,

It sounds like your bank account is the preferred method to pay.

With PayPal, you can use a bank account, your PayPal balance, or your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card as your preferred way to send money for goods and services or to pay for things online.

You can select and change your preferred way to pay online whenever you want by logging in to your PayPal account. Here's how to select your preferred way to pay online:

1. Click Wallet.
  2. Under Payment Methods, click  the payment method (your card, bank, or balance) you would like to make your preferred payment method.
  3. Click Make this preferred when paying online

Please note that you need to link a card or link a bank to your account before you can select it as a preferred way to pay. In future, this will be automatically selected at the checkout, if available, which will prevent further unintentional use of your bank account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grumpy20181

Do you use pay after delivery at all?

Are the funds in your balance cleared and not pending?

Are the funds in your balance in the correct currency?

Have you done this ..............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.