Paid for something direct from bank account via paypal but not come out of bank??

gertiegoo
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for two items yesterday using PayPal and my linked bank account. PayPal have paid the seller and say the money has been removed from my bank account but my bank say different.

No transfer has been made, the account is correctly set up and I'm confused.

Any clues please?

Even if they were holding the funds as they sometimes do it would have been showing at my bank especially as it's a transfer to PayPal first......

Help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant, paypal CREDIT the seller and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer from your bank account to paypal to reimburse them.

The funds can leave your bank account from 2 hours up to 3 days after you have paid.

This is done so the seller gets his payment instantly and you get your item more quickly. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gertiegoo
Contributor
Contributor
Aahhhh thanks. Makes sense but surprising as PayPal don't like paying for things without our money first. I'll keep a look out at my bank. Thanks anyway.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

But thats the point, because sellers are credited instantly folks think that when they are refunded etc paypal are holding funds.

But actually its because they credit every seller first for us in advance and then they wait for the funds, that is why sometimes refunds are on hold until the original funds play catch up.

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.