Paid by ECHEK cancelled by seller payment still taken....

Zantewed84
Contributor
Contributor

hi just a quick query, on the 10/02/2016 I paid for an item I brought over Facebook so was just sending payment via goods though PayPal. It was £14.00 and I wanted the money to come straight out my account as I didn't want to use my PayPal balance but it then processed as an echeque and said it wouldn't process until the 17th so the smaller said they could cancel it so they did and my end showed it had cancelled but then on the 15th my bank account shows it has been taken. How long can it take to bounce back? And will it bounce back lol. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zantewed84

Cancelling an echeque does not mean that it can do a u-turn once it has started processing.

It still has to process through to paypal but as its been cancelled it will then be credited to your paypal balance and you can withdraw it back to your bank account if you want to.

Takes "about" a week in all. But depends on how soon it was cancelled after you paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zantewed84

Cancelling an echeque does not mean that it can do a u-turn once it has started processing.

It still has to process through to paypal but as its been cancelled it will then be credited to your paypal balance and you can withdraw it back to your bank account if you want to.

Takes "about" a week in all. But depends on how soon it was cancelled after you paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zantewed84
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response yes it did exactly that and was then my PayPal balance. I only thought it did a u turn as someone mentioned that on a previous post.

thanx again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.