Our customers are now having trouble paying...

HoBKHC
New Community Member

Hi,

We setup PayPal to accept payments online and remove the paper cheque posting method. This worked well in 2014 when the number of cheques we had to process fell from around 700 (in previous years) to less than 20 because our customers paid online with their card via PayPal.

However this year (we run an annual event) something has changed with the PayPal payment landing page and a lot of customers that opt for card payment without signing into a Paypal account are being told they have to login because the card is associated with a Paypal account but they;

a) don't want to.

b) don't know the login details (old account?)  

This means we are now back dealing with dozens of customers who are faliing to pay via PayPal and want to send us cheques again. As we are all volounteers for this charity event it's making life difficult again.

Can anyone confirm this is an issue, and something have changed or are we just having a run of 'untrained' customers trying to pay and failing?

Would be great to get this resolved, and presumably PayPal would rather people use their platform to process payment than the Royal Mail and and paper cheque!

thanks in advance.

David.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Arda

Hi HoBKHC,

Welcome to our community page.

I am sorry to hear that. To be honest I do need to check every single of your buyer’s PayPal account to find out why their payments are failing. I am happy to do that if you can direct them to contact me through our Twitter handle @AskPayPal or from our UK Facebook page.

We can run test on your PayPal account. Merchant Technical Services (MTS) deals with website integration troubleshooting. Whenever a merchant has PayPal integrated on their site and the integration malfunctions, they step in to assess whether it’s a bug on our side or if we can point the merchant towards resolving a code/config problem on their side.

I would suggest contacting to our Merchant Technical Support team directly. After you submit your inquiry, you should get a response within 24 hours.

If you haven’t already created an account for the Merchant Technical Support site, please create one now. Here’s how:

1.    Go to www.paypal.com/mts and click Sign Up in the top right-hand side of the window.
2.    Enter your information and click Create Account. You can use any valid email address.
After you have created your account, you can submit your question. Here’s how:

1.    Go to www.paypal.com/mts and click Contact Technical Support.
2.    Fill in the form in as much detail as you can and click Continue.

I hope this info helps. We look forward to helping you.
Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.