Not receiving money

Appel
Contributor
Contributor

Note to recipient(s)

You have received a PayPal Gift, this is a payment of 79£ to -------------------------------- Unfortunately due to the different currencies of both parties, we need to process the transaction. The payment may take up to 24 hours to reflect in your PayPal balance, it has been deducted from the senders account. This transaction is non-refundable and is not applicable to be charged back.

This is what it said, but I have not received any money. I have read here: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Received-money-as-a-gift-but-does-not-show-up-in-... that the invoice is a scam, but the text at the top made me think otherwise. If it is an invoice, surely this text should not appear?

Please help, I am working on recalling the item that I may have lost, but I doubt that I can.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Appel

Its a scam because sellers dont receive invoices only buyers do

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Appel!

Welcome to the PayPal community! When a payment is received, the funds are always displayed in your PayPal balance. You have made the right thing as you should only send the item once the funds are reflected in your PayPal balance.

If the details showed in your account state ‘invoice’, please note that this is not an actual payment. Invoices are normally used by sellers to request a buyer to pay for an item or service. The sender of the invoice can edit the content of this and add notes for the recipient. 

This matter has been before discussed in the PayPal Community. You can have a read in here https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Refunds-and-cancellations/Paypal-Gift/m-p/957266#M25197

If you have recently sent the item, I would recommend you to contact with the courier company in order to stop the delivery. If this is not possible, you could also contact with your local authorities to get additional support . 

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Appel
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry Paypal, but if your system is so secure, why does the message appear;

Note to recipient(s)

You have received a PayPal Gift, this is a payment of 79£ to ---------my email---------- Unfortunately due to the different currencies of both parties, we need to process the transaction. The payment may take up to 24 hours to reflect in your PayPal balance, it has been deducted from the senders account. This transaction is non-refundable and is not applicable to be charged back.

this is misinformation, and this message caused me the loss of my digital item, which is no longer retrieveable.

Maybe you should sort out your system so that this message only appears when is is not a scam.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Invoice are sent by SELLERS not buyers.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.

Paypal payments are more or less instant. Why would you send anything until you are paid??

Paypal will never tell you that a payment can't be subject to a chargeback.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Qais1
Contributor
Contributor

That happened to me aswell, the use goes by the name BeKlooX, and scammed for my 90 dollar knife.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.