Not enough money in bank account and back up card expired.

jazzykin
Contributor
Contributor

So I made a purchase intending to switch the payment method to my credit card on the payment screen - but it was approved immediately meaning it is set to come out of my bank account. I don't have enough money in my bank account and the back up credit card is expired.

What I want to know is:

Will the payment from my bank account bounce, then the back up card payment will bounce, and then will I be able to manually select another payment option? Or will my paypal account go into the red (thereby meaning I have to put real cash in there - something I really want to avoid - in which case I'm better off just transferring the money now).

Or will it cancel the payment??

Any help appreciated seeing as Paypal is impossible to contact or ask any real questions if you can't find a FAQ!!

Cheers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jazzykin

I can only tell you what happens ''normally''.

If you don't have enough in your bank account then paypal will try again a few days later, if there is still not enough they may try again OR try your back up card.

If all fails then they will put your account into negative and limit its use until you pay them back again.

If they do that then they may remove your right to use your bank account as a funding source in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.