Not a Seller, Paypal balance not avialable?

CookieJoy
New Community Member

Uhm...Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me?

I'm not a seller, I'm a freelance artist. None of my business deals with shipping, I am a digital media artist. I'm very new to allowing my clients to pay me using Paypal but I decided to give it a try ( I regret this now)

The clients have paid me my salary and a few days later I was shocked, scared, and confused when I read that my Paypal balance was not avialable. 

I don't know what's the problem or even what caused this ( did read Paypal's Funds Availablity page)  and I don't sell anything. They're sending me money via paypal as my salary.

Now that my balance is pending, it's like my income is on hold.  which is a real awful and scary news for me and my bills.

How long will I wait? I need my money (unfortunetly when Paypal goes on hold the bills do not)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CookieJoy

If you are selling something ie your services and getting a salary then you are a seller >>>

Hold for non-ebay items >>

If you recently started to sell with PayPal and you don’t have any selling history with us, payments you receive (except eBay payments) are now being placed into your pending balance. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days.

Typically, you can access these payments within 7-14 days if you:

Send the item to the buyer’s postal address, as shown on the Transaction Details page
Mark the item as sent on the Transaction Details page and provide the dispatch details (for digital goods, mark the item as processed on the Transaction Details page).

Once you complete the below requirements, you won’t be considered a new seller any more, and you should receive future payments sooner.

Receive a predetermined number of payments
Wait a predetermined number of days from the date you received your first payment.

You can also view your remaining requirements and confirm your identity at any time by logging in to your account and visiting the Resolution Centre.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.