No email notifications of payments

Judemymum
Contributor
Contributor
Can anyone help, please? I've had no email notifications of payments for some time. I run a website accepting donations for medical research and am embarrassed to find I have received money through PayPal but had no idea until I checked my account. I have had no notifications by email for some time. My details have not changed at all.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal_david

Hey Judemymum,

Welcome to the Community!

This is a strange one. There could be a few different reasons as to why you are not getting payment notification emails.

Firstly, could you try adding PayPal's email address to your email address contacts? That should help with emails being received.

Are you receiving some notifications but not others? Have you tried contacting your email service provider so that they can look into this for you?

It's possible that the emails are going into your junk/spam folder. Have you tried checking in there?

A lot of the time, by adding PayPal's email address to your email contacts, it should help with emails being received.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing difficulties.

Happy holidays.

David.

Login to Me Too

CyclingMadeEasy
New Community Member

Hi,

Could you tell me which email address specifically do I need to add to my Safe Senders list? 

Thanks in advance,

Neil. 

Login to Me Too

gahumber
Contributor
Contributor

Seeing that this is the second post I'm seeing about the problem today, assuming the PayPal is the culprit here isn't unreasonable. Here's my general advice, which is a repeat of my earlier post.

Sometimes it is PayPal's fault, and sometimes it is not. Email systems on a whole are inherently unreliable. Many things unrelated to PayPal can cause your notification emails not to arrive. For example, your email host could be having technical problems. The email could also be misclassified as spam and rejected by your host. I recommend that you not only rely on the notification emails to discover new orders. Also, match the order totals at the end of the day to make sure you haven't missed anything. I think this is the best way to handle these kind of problems.

Login to Me Too

gahumber
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Neil,

For me, the email is 'member @ paypal.com' - remove the space. Check one of your previous notification email to see if it is the same.

Login to Me Too

writinggirl
Contributor
Contributor

i have had no email notifications of payment and have sold too many tickets for an event. They are not in the spam and none of our details have changed. This is very bad. Any tips? i have added member@paypal etc. to contact list. dont know what to do and the merchant service help is closed!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi writinggirl,

Welcome to our Communtiy 🙂

I just wanted to check-in to see if this issue has been resolved as of yet?

It's possible you were running into a technical issue here and I'd like to report this to our engineers if you're still experiencing this problem.

Could you let me know writinggirl and we'll take if from there?

Conor

Login to Me Too

writinggirl
Contributor
Contributor

This has been reported and I was told someone would come back to us but so far no response, athough paypal say its a fault with them, not our hosts.

Login to Me Too

Judemymum
Contributor
Contributor
Has your problem been resolved? Mine has not. I had an email response from Paypal today but the format was so poor, I couldn't read it. I'm frustrated by this, and embarrassed that I haven't acknowledged donations to my research fund.
Login to Me Too

writinggirl
Contributor
Contributor

Nothings been resolved..because we didn't get any notifications (we have had them for the last 5 years!) we didn't acknowledge peoples bookings for our wriitng workshop and now have overbooked..very annoying since we cannot change the venue. Might have to leave paypal unless we get better customer service since they charge enough...grrrr.

They said they would get back two days ago and it was their fault. No explanation. Embarassing for you I completely understand.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.