No card question.

Mispalced
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have a bank card / credit card to link to my paypal account. I have a bank account linked, is that enough? All i'm using paypal for is directing payments from a website to my bank. (not buying or selling)

1. Can i receive payments with just a  linked bank?
  2. If i did want to buy, can i?
  3. Will i be able to send paypa funds to just a linked bank account?

All i seen people talk about is echeques? If not i will take my business elsewhere.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hey Mispalced,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have added and confirmed a bank to your PayPal account, you can receive payments into your PayPal account and withdraw the funds to your bank account if you wish.

You can also send a payment from PayPal funded from your bank account if you wanted to but as you don't have a credit/debit card as a back up funding source, it's possible that the payment may be sent as an eCheque. That means that the payment could take 5-7 working days in total to complete processing and for the seller to receive the payment.

If you add a credit/debit card to your PayPal account, you can still select the payment to be debited from your bank and it will still take 5-7 working days to complete processing but PayPal will pay the seller on your behalf so you get the item and the seller gets the funds asap. The payment would not be pending similar to an eCheque.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.