Negative balance - money taken

KitHinks
New Community Member

Hi

I recently had 3 payemtns rejected by my bank that put my paypal into negative balance. I invoiced my mum for just over the amount needed to bring it back to £0.00 I figured that was the end of that. However it's two days later and the 3 payments have gone out of my bank now. It's not showing as credit in my Paypal, Not showing as money in. The only way I know its gone out is through my bank. It seems to have disappeared..... Whats going on? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KitHinks

If you have a payment rejected due to insufficient funds then paypal will put your balance into negative and then try again a few days later.

If that again fails then they will try your back up card.

But if the second attempt was successful then it takes 5-7 days to complete from your bank account to paypal via electronic transfer. So even though the funds may have left your bank account they have not arrived at paypal yet as they go via automated clearing.

When they are cleared your neg would be cleared OR put into credit.

This happens because normally when you pay it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller and then paypal wait for the transfer of funds from your bank account. BUT as this is just a transfer to clear your neg balance then you are the one that takes the 5-7 days wait.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KitHinks
New Community Member

The day it went negative I put money in to cover the negative and it was about £2 in credit. But now the payments have actually gone out of my bank account so it should theoretically be £55 in credit? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KitHinks

But now the payments have actually gone out of my bank account so it should theoretically be £55 in credit? 

Did you actually read my post??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.