Mongolia

tuvshinjargaltb
New Community Member

Is anyone managing to invoice clients in Mongolia for services, and get paid via PayPal?  It looks to me as if you can only send money Mongolia, but not receive FROM.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

aaya888
New Community Member

hi how do you accept money how change  Business account

Login to Me Too

otgo
Dear Eagles 9999, could you please kindly share which payment gateway provider you found? Would be very helpful to know, thanks.
Login to Me Too

begjan
Contributor
Contributor
Mongolian people also want to use paypal service but all limited. send money is okay but you cant recieve money...
Login to Me Too

otgo

Your right. 

Unfortunately, Mongolian banks want to have a monopoly and won't allow useful tools such as Paypal. Mongolian banks think of making profit to themselves instead of thinking and cooperating how to make international payment/reciept more favourable to many Mongolians. Obviously Paypal would be very beneficial to many Mongolians but Mongolian banks are not supportive of it... Sad. 

Login to Me Too

begjan
Contributor
Contributor
i am agree what you saying here otgo... and if we create playpal facebook group we all can unite and bring this subject to one better bank in mongolia.
Login to Me Too

eagles9999
Contributor
Contributor

I would be more than happy to suppot that initiative.

I believe Asia Development Bank is looking at the situation but I suspect nothing will be done.

What amazes me is that how such business opportunity can even exist while ALL of the banks here are to blind to take advantage of it and provide the service. Also the inability for Mongolians to sell anything online is holding back any participation in one of the fastest growing area in business.

Rather than encouraging business and inovation, Mongolia stiffles it, restricts it and puts their people at an immediate disadvantage.

If they could get their act together I can envision Mongolia promoting itself as the next new Tech Go To country. It has some very smart people, relatively (but changing) low income labour base, well positioned geographically. I am starting to think is would be much much easier to, say, set up a business in Hong Kong where you have instant outgoing access to Paypal, Braintree, Stripe etc.

Wake up Mongolia.... the world is totally passing you by.

Login to Me Too

begjan
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Eagles9999. Even I asked few banks in Mongolia that they should bring this service to all Mongolian people so they can have online business sell producsts and recieve money through paypay. This is not really hard to make it happen. I understand that it's very easy make it happen in Mongolia. We should unite in facebook group and discoss more about it and bring it to one bank through someway maybe politics could be involved this...

Login to Me Too

begjan
Contributor
Contributor

I just created new discuss group for Mongolains. please feel free to join and share it... 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/148132805737134/?source=create_flow

Login to Me Too

Setsen
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal_Siobhan2,

Thank you very much for Your reply and consideration,

We are actually one of biggest processors/bank involved in payment card processing in Mongolia. We would like to know more what we can do to support safety incoming transactions from Paypal to our country. Please PM or leave me contacts, if possible for more discussions.

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Setsen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.