Mongolia

tuvshinjargaltb
New Community Member

Is anyone managing to invoice clients in Mongolia for services, and get paid via PayPal?  It looks to me as if you can only send money Mongolia, but not receive FROM.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you reside in Mongolia, you have the ability to link a credit card to your PayPal account and send payments. You do not have the ability to receive payments.

Login to Me Too

NBofUB
New Community Member

It's frustrating how this hasn't been solved for the last six years. What can we do to let payment reception available in Mongolia? It's becoming a bottleneck for many int'l entrepreneurs to start an int'l business. We don't have any spamming or frauding practice. I wonder where the hold up is.

Login to Me Too

ulziid
New Community Member

I don't understand why we cannot receive money from PayPal in Mongolia. We can send but but cannot receive money is not fair enough. 

@NBofUB wrote:

It's frustrating how this hasn't been solved for the last six years. What can we do to let payment reception available in Mongolia? It's becoming a bottleneck for many int'l entrepreneurs to start an int'l business. We don't have any spamming or frauding practice. I wonder where the hold up is.

Login to Me Too

blackshaman
Contributor
Contributor
i would like yo know why paypal me isnt in monholia as well as why we can not receive
Login to Me Too

eagles9999
Contributor
Contributor

Any resolution to this issue yet?

Seems to me that Mongolians are being discriminated against by PayPal in allowing people to send money but not receive it.

Get with the program PayPal. It is inappropriate that you do nothing and stay silent.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi eagles9999,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Unfortunately it is not completely up to us to offer this service, the main banks in Mongolia have rejected our proposal according to which PayPal could be used to receive money in Mongolia.

However we're still negotiating with the local banks best possible terms for our customers.

The main challenge we have is that ecommerce is not yet fully regulated in your country and until certain moves and law changes are made by the government, PayPal in Mongolia can be used to send money and shop in foreign countries, but not to receive money for sales.

Due to the challenges and complexities associated with the worldwide financial network, we cannot offer a firm date or timetable for expansion of specific services. We can promise you that we are working hard to enhance our service within the nations where we are offered and even when currently we cannot provide a service to receive money, we do not give up easily.

Therefore it is possible that in the near future, when the ecommerce laws in your country change for the benefit of customers, Mongoliawill be able to receive funds for sales, or simply payments from other users.

This is our goal and we will do our utmost to make it possible.

Thanks - Siobhan

Login to Me Too

eagles9999
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Siobhan. It's ok. I have now found a payment gateway provider that can connect to a Mongolian bank so while it would be much easier with PayPal, I cannot wait forever. Seems this payment gateway provider knows something that PayPal does not. That being said, I would be more than happy to discuss in more detail with you or anyone else from PayPal how I might be able to participate / facilitate a more proactive approach with a number of Mongolian banks with which I have a relationship. If interested, please contact me privately. Kind Regards Mark Bailey
Login to Me Too

Askhar
New Community Member

I would love to learn new ways of receiving money through Paypal. I am in Mongolia

Login to Me Too

SODERDENE
I recently checked the list of countries that accepts payment and there was Mongolia. Is it started receive payment yet?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.