Money was sent to my phone number, don't see it on my paypal balance

thaliaabreu24
New Community Member

Through my Paypal App i sent a request for $30 to a number, the person paid it and i got a message saying that the person paid it. and i texted "bal" and it told me i have $30. When i went on my paypal app i only saw the request for money was pending, but the actual $30 transaction was no where to be found in my history nor my balance. when i went to paypal online on my laptop, nothing was even there! the request for money wasnt in my transaction history. I tried sending an email request but quickly cancelled. and once i did that i checked my paypal app and the request for money transaction was no longer in my history. im so confused and frustrated. wheres my money?!?! ive emailed paypal twice and its been 2 weeks and no reply. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Conor

Hi thaliaabreu24, 

Thanks for posting 🙂

In my experience, the mobile number on your account needs to be confirmed for a mobile payment to complete successfully and I wonder if this might be the problem here.

Until your number is confirmed, the funds will remain 'unclaimed' or pending like you've described above, you see.

Could you do me a favour and try logging into Paypal on your desktop or laptop to see if your mobile number is confirmed? You can check this by clicking the 'Settings' icon near the top of the page and then under 'Phone number', seeing if you've a 'confirm' button next to the number.

Could you give that a try for me and report back?

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.